I’ve actually done a March favourites elsewhere on the internet, i cheated on this domain for a while (shh), so i’m going to try do one here without getting done for duplicate content. As i haven’t wrote a favourites since last year this will be more a collection of things i’m loving right now than over the last month. I’m not sure if i’ll do these round ups monthly but i think it’s a good starting point while we get reacquainted.
Now since none of you can see any of my posts from last year, i thought it would be fun to do a bit of a throwback and compare what was in my favourites post last year to where we are now – just to clarify i actually still have access to that, i don’t have a super amazing memory.
So this time last year i was loving:
- Real techniques make up brushes. Ah of course i’d just bought the flawless core brush collection. Every beauty blogger has these in their stash and for someone who loves raiding the aisles in Boots, i of course added these to my dressing table. I still use some of the brushes actually although i have only recently started using them again.
- A Superdrug vitamin E moisturiser. Interesting – i loved this at the time but i never rebought. Now i use a Kiehl’s moisturiser and their avocado eye cream. The latter was going to be in my faves this year.
- Imperial leather shower gel. I must have done a drug store haul (how American youtube is that) before this favourites last year. I swap shower gel ever week so there’s nothing to write home about here.
- Ballet pumps because it wasn’t sandal weather yet. I would wear sandals and flip flops all year round if the weather allowed, i’m not a terrible fan of ballet pumps – although now we’re in that in-between weather these are what i’m wearing. I hope my favourites posts got better after this one…
- L’oreal Infallible matte foundation. I remember reviewing this and not liking it at all. I have used this a bit lately and my opinion has changed. I don’t think it has the best coverage or is the best matte foundation but i have been using it and i think it’s decent for this time of year. I don’t think it would be my go to product in summer however for obvious reasons.
It’s so weird looking back and seeing how my opinions have changed. It just goes to show. I have loved doing that look back and comparison at last year’s favourites, maybe i’ll do a similar post over the next few months – that”s right i’m back and here to stay.
What about March 2016 favourites?
My favourites this year are not as beauty orientated, they’re more an eclectic lifestyle mix:
- L’Oreal Paris Extraordinary Clay shampoo and conditioner. Ok there is one beauty (is shampoo classed as beauty?) item in here. I was really sceptical when i saw this splattered across every girl’s instagram but i can’t ignore a trend, i needed to give it a go. I was actually surprised because i think this works. It’s meant to rebalance your hair so if you are prone to oily roots and dry ends it’s meant to fix your hair and leave you with hydrated ends and ‘purified’ roots. I’ve noticed my roots are less oily to be honest but the main reason i am currently rebuying this is it smells fricking gorgeous!
- Cian Twomey. His comedic facebook videos about relationship life are fricking hilair! I always like and share his stuff because he makes me literally LOL.
- Sanctuary 5 minute thermal clay mask. I’m all about the muddy, deep cleansing face masks – i don’t like those sticky peel off masks. I want a face mask where i can send a snapchat looking like shrek and that’s going to leave me feeling like it’s made a difference after i wash it off. The only issue with mud masks is that they are messy as shit and they take ages to dry. I love this Sanctuary product. It’s a thermal mask so it literally takes 5 minutes to cool down and then you wipe off with a damp cloth. It’s effortless, leaves me feeling clean and i can use it a couple of times a week. Score.
- Ripped jeans. I used to think ripped jeans were terrible until i tried some on. I fell in love with a grey pair and now i’m considering slicing up all my old jeans. A lit late to the game but better late than never right.
- Sunglasses. I love wearing sunglasses. I love that oversized VB shades look. The weather’s getting a bit brighter now and i’ve dug out my shades. It’s a great time to be alive.
So there you go, writing this post gave me all the feels. I’ve missed you guys. I’ll see you soon with another post x